Vikings Sm North The Block


Good food, Good Life! Being a foodie, is such a good adventure. Love for food is best enjoyed with friends. Last 26, my friends and I had a reservation at Vikings SM North The block located at the 4th floor. We arrived at 12 nn past and was assisted to table 306. 

I rarely do commit myself with lunch buffet and it is my first time to try Vikings SM North branch, because I used to love the Mall of Asia branch. Anyway thanks to "Twinnings", one of the reason why I've been pushing so hard to make this lunch buffet happen.


First stop, Japanese section. Looking from the sushi selection, there is not much choices compared to the MOA branch. Tuna and sashimi carving station is pretty fine. Choices of sushi revolves around the california maki, temaki's, etc. To compensate, I satisfy my taste bud with Japanese Yakitori.


While looking for the baked oyster (rockefeller) section, it was still on the process of being baked so got to wait for 5 minutes more. The chef then introduced this scallops menu in a scaly plate. That one tastes pretty fine, a bit salty.


So after 5 minutes, I thought they'll serve the baked oysters in huge tray like the MOA branch usually do. Instead they serve it in a plate which has a maximum capacity of 10 pieces of oyster rockefeller. In my estimation it can only satisfy two customers. I got 5 pieces and left the remaining half.

The rockefeller taste isn't as good as what I've tasted in MOA branch. The baked oyster is too cheesy, salty probably due to condiments and too much cheese, it taste stench / fishy taste. 


Good thing some of this dishes hit my taste bud which includes suahe and like. I checked out the carving station lane, and feels so happy that roasted lamb is available unlike the lechon which always goes unavailable. I was not able to sight an angus beef steak and turkey at the carving station :( .



Red velvet made me happy and I will be more happy if opera cake is also available. In terms of cake, I prefer to have a chocolate cake but I found myself in huge dismay knowing that they don't have chocolate cake and yes! I can't believe it too :( .


We also ordered alcoholic beverages soju at their wine section. Which was billed separately.



Interiors are great. Re-filling of food is good while their ability to clear your used plates is as slow as a turtle.


Over all experience is 3.5 out of 5. 

PS: Some crew members doesn't know how to communicate well with their customers, speaking of the server who gave us a "funny" hot pot experience.

Popular posts from this blog

NMAT Questions

NMAT Registration Guide - Road to MD